Friday, January 28, 2005

Services: Water, Power, Sewer

We need confirmantion that a sewer service can be provided before a Building Permit can be issued. I rang the service provider for this, and we should have some form of an answer next week. I hope it works out, as it will really hold us up if we can't get the sewer service.

In the case of power, this has to come from a pre-existing in-the-ground pit. If we want a different supply point, then we would need to pay for a new pit (A$1500) approx.

For Water, this can come from either road frontage (the site is a corner-allotment), and from pretty much any point.

The reason I was chasing up detail on this, was to try and cater for any underground services when we do our excavation & footings work. But it might not work out to be prossible to predict these things, in which case we will leave the trenches for services until later.

1 Comments:

Blogger nadia said...

Hello Steve and Julie - what a great idea to record your building adventures on a website!

My name is Nadia. In december 2006, i bought a gutted out double fronted 90 year old weatherboard victorian home in Williamstown, Vic. Th last 11 months has seen me devote every spare minute (ie all hours besides my full-time work as a physio) to my silly home!

I was also an owner builder - and have subcontracted restumpers, carpenters, electricians, plasters, plumbers adn tilers. I have saved a lot of moeny by shopping around for different tradesmen and materials. My father, brother and boyfirend have also helped me paint the whole house - inside and out.

11 months on - the jobs remiaing include installing our cast iron claw foot bath, installing our stone bench-top adn having our floor baords polished - ready f rme to move in.

What an adventure. Veyr rewarding but I sdoubt that I will ever take htis on again!

-Nadia

11/11/07, 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home