Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Stuff-Ups - We Do Have Them

Stuff ups are different when you make them yourself - and we have made some on this project. You can't get mad, or even, because its your fault when you are owner-builder. In the case of our kitchen window, I didn't listen to Julie properly, and so I had a kitchen window made that had a 175mm splash-back underneath it, where the kitchen sink was to be.

After the window was fitted, Julie looked at it and said it was wrong. I said "no it isn't, its what was in the design drawing". But then Julie showed me a photo of how she thought it would be, and then I realised my mistake.

We lived with the window installed for about 3 weeks, before we both decied we couldn't live with it any longer, and so it went back to the joinery to be modified. The top part (radiusesd head, and hopper-sashes) was retained, new casement sashes and styles were fitted, and the sill was retained. This modification cost over A$1000 (US$700), but it really was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home