Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Getting the Frame Ready for Plastering

Before plastering the internal walls, I had a list a mile long of all the things that needed doing. For example:

* Extra noggins to allow for fixing of things like: toilet roll holders, wardrobe frames, light fittings, etc.
* Bell-wires for front door bells, and servants-bells (NOW HANG ON - we DO NOT have servants, but I did buy an old Edwardian room-indicator panel (for about US$20), so that the maid can see which room is requesting service, and I am keen to install it and get it running).
* TV, phone, computer and security system wiring.
* Straighten the frame in corners, and replace a few warped studs.
* Install wall & ceiling insulation
* Install lights in the roof space
* etc, etc, etc.....

The "frame preparation" process went on for about 6 weeks or. It was slow, as I decided to do this work myslef, instead of getting trades to do it. Cost was another issue here, especially with work that I can do myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home