Friday, February 04, 2005

Frame & Roof Truss Quote

Well, we have a good quote for the roof trusses & frame - cost is around $29k, _and_ they can do the 3600mm wall heights without requiring a consultant engineer to do the design. As it turns out, the quote indicated that the walls are conventional F5 pine, 90mm studs. There are couple of finer points that need clarifying in the quote, but otherwise I think we are close. (Another company quoted $22k for just the roof trusses).

A colleague at work said to my that I should get a copy of all the wall frame designs, so that if I ever need to run services in the walls after the house is built, I can measure out stud locations. This could be a good idea. Some people take photos of each wall frame to helpo with this too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home