Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Rim Locks

I like the idea of fitting old-style latches to the internal doors. Down here in Oz, rim-locks were frequently used, so I'd like to use these inside (although I can't envisage a use for the key!). I like the look of them over mortice-locks as used these days. They seem readily obtainable, but the prices seem somewhat high. This frustrates me, as I am sure that they are probably made in India for $2 each. Here's a photo below of one:


A rim-lock from an Indian exporter

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all our internal doors have keyed locks too, complete with keyhole that you can see right through and a different key for each door. don't know why. we keep all the keys on a ring stashed away so the kids don't lock themselves in or out of each other's rooms. Fortunately the exterior doors have modern deadbolts.

7/26/05, 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home